Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Browns' Draft

I spent Saturday afternoon parked in front of the TV watching the NFL draft. I think the first draft I ever watched was probably about 1987 or 1988, and I've watched all the drafts since that I have been in the country for. The Cleveland Browns usually have pretty crappy drafts, but this year I think that they may have done just enough to start to turn the franchise around. Trading next year's No. 1 in order to get a 2nd first round pick this year and take Brady Quinn at QB was the sort of bold move that the team has shied away from for most of my life, so it was nice to see them take the chance. Of course, it could be a disaster, but the thing about the draft is that you just never know. Once in a while you have to roll the dice.

We'll see what happens in the fall, but I think 6-10 or 7-9 would be reasonable

No comments: